Rubber-Tired Gantry Crane (RTG Crane) is a type of mobile Gantry Crane that uses rubber tires to support the weight of the Gantry Crane and its load. This type of RTG Crane is often used for moving large objects, such as shipping containers, and is often found in ports,belong to Port Cranes.
Power Options for RTG Crane
- Diesel with Diesel Fuel Saver system
- Variable Speed Engine
- Electric RTG
- Diesel Electric Hybrid
How to choose the right RTG gantry crane?
When it comes to RTG cranes, there are a lot of factors to consider before making a purchase. Here are five tips to help you choose the right RTG crane for your needs:
- Know the weight of the cargo you'll be lifting.
- Consider the dimensions of the cargo you'll be lifting.
- Consider the terrain where the RTG crane will be used.
- Make sure the RTG crane can handle the weight of the cargo with some redundancy.
- Ask the RTG Crane manufacturer about the RTG crane lifting capacity and how it's calculated.